Quick & Easy Access Up to 27 Metres
MEWPs (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), sometimes called mobile access platforms, offer an incredibly adaptable and flexible solution for various purposes. They can help you reach up to 27 metres, ideal for projects requiring great heights.
Hi-Point has provided MEWPs in Sheffield for many projects, including stadium work at Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. Unlike scaffolding, MEWPs offer a flexible option that allows you to manoeuvre around projects efficiently, perfect for short jobs or emergency tasks. We have two kinds of cherry pickers for hire that are suitable for different purposes; contact our team to find the right solution for your project.
Why Choose Hi-Point For MEWPs Hire?
Our expert team has over 30 years of experience within the access industry, meaning you can be confident you are in safe hands with Hi-Point.
Tracked MEWP Specification:
The LEO 15 GT is a narrow, short crawler offering tracked access. Advantages of this Cherry Picker include:
- Self-propelled rubber crawlers
- On-the-spot swivel via contra-rotation of crawlers
- Genuine one-man operation
- All functions controlled by the basket
- Minimal ground pressure, therefore, can be used anywhere
- Powerful Honda engine
- 230-volt power for indoor use
- High stability in basket due to double-strength construction
- Very flexible because of jib
- Very high operating stability because of height and width adjustable crawler undercarriage
- Telescopic upper boom
MEWPs Hire FAQs
What Does MEWP Stand For?
MEWP stands for Mobile Elevated Work Platform. MEWPs are used for projects that require safe work at height. They typically fall into three categories: unpowered, self-propelled, and vehicle-mounted. MEWPs are also sometimes referred to as Cherry Pickers. Check out our in-depth blog for more information on the different types of MEWPs.
What Are the Advantages Of Using MEWPs?
The benefits of using MEWPs include:
- Easy to use – MEWPs are easy to manoeuvre around a building as they can be towed or mounted;
- Safety – there is no dismantling process with MEWPs, and they come with built-in guard rails, reducing the risk of injury or accident;
- Flexible use – there are different types of MEWPs available that can be used in both internal and external projects;
- Cost-effective – MEWPs can significantly boost productivity on short-term jobs due to being easy to move. This can minimise costs for your business as you can complete more projects quicker and reduce hire costs.
What Can MEWPs Be Used for?
MEWPs are ideal for small-scale projects that require a lot of moving around the building, both internally and externally. Alternatively, they can be used to transport heavy equipment and materials to a high part of the building in a safe manner.
Are MEWPs Safe?
When set up and maintained correctly, MEWPs provide a safe working platform for jobs that require working at heights.